About Me

My photo
My tremendously supportive husband & I have 3 wonderful children, 1 dog, 12 laying hens, 2 dairy goats, 3 bee hives, and a 2000 sq foot vegetable garden on a small 1/4 acre lot in the city. In the center of it all is our small 1,000 sq foot house purchased in 2008 as a foreclosure that we fully renovated to host our growing family, home school adventures, and small home business (CozyLeaf.com). We have a desire to learn a path to self sufficiency finding ways to be good stewards of the resources God has given us. We want to learn to live with less as we laydown roots to our little homestead.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Summertime Remedies from your garden

Mountain Rose Herb has a wonderful article on Summertime Remedies that I highly recommend you all read. I have been wanting to get into making my own oils, lotions and soaps at home for a long time and this article sparked my interest and got me thinking about it!

I have barely touched the surface of homemade remedies. I have made a few herbal infused oils with mint and chamomile from the garden, but I look forward to skimming more and more off the surface and finding ways to use herbs and home remedies! 


Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when you have soap-making day! I want to come over and learn with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! Especially since I consider you my "soap expert"!

    ReplyDelete