About Me

My photo
My tremendously supportive husband & I have 3 wonderful children, 1 dog, 12 laying hens, 2 dairy goats, 3 bee hives, and a 2000 sq foot vegetable garden on a small 1/4 acre lot in the city. In the center of it all is our small 1,000 sq foot house purchased in 2008 as a foreclosure that we fully renovated to host our growing family, home school adventures, and small home business (CozyLeaf.com). We have a desire to learn a path to self sufficiency finding ways to be good stewards of the resources God has given us. We want to learn to live with less as we laydown roots to our little homestead.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Canning Sweet Pickle Rings

Canning Pickles! I looked at quite a few recipes and couldnt decide which recipe to follow. Some were very quick canning processes and some were several days long. I heard the longer the cucumbers have to soak in various mixtures and ice water, the crispier they will be in the end. So I decided to go with a recipe that ended up taking me 3 days. Not 3 days of work, but just 3 days because I let the cucumbers soak overnight in different mixtures! Im pretty happy with the end result though!!
I followed the recipe on the back of Mrs Wages Pickling Lime Cucumbers and also used Mrs Wages Canning Salt, Ball Pickling Spices and 5% vinegar.



No comments:

Post a Comment