About Me

My photo
My tremendously supportive husband & I have 3 wonderful children, 1 dog, 12 laying hens, 2 dairy goats, 3 bee hives, and a 2000 sq foot vegetable garden on a small 1/4 acre lot in the city. In the center of it all is our small 1,000 sq foot house purchased in 2008 as a foreclosure that we fully renovated to host our growing family, home school adventures, and small home business (CozyLeaf.com). We have a desire to learn a path to self sufficiency finding ways to be good stewards of the resources God has given us. We want to learn to live with less as we laydown roots to our little homestead.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Landscape Fabric (boooo) and Straw Walkways (yeah!)

Update
As you can see from the photos, I took off the landscape fabric. When was getting all the beds ready to go and when I was moving around the landscape fabric I was noticing a tremendous amount of weeds under it! I was really frustrating getting all those weeds out and I REALLY didnt want to have to weed under the fabric and thought it would be a lot easier to just eliminate the fabric and keep a close eye on weeds and get them dug up when they are little. We kept the straw walkways though and I LOVE the straw walkways!! I can walk around barefoot in the garden and it is SO soft on my feet...oh and when it rains alot the straw is easy to walk on and your shoes stay clean and not all MUDDY!

Here are a few of the weeds that I discovered under the landscape fabric... these were among some of the smaller weeds too. I couldnt believe how many weeds were under this "weed barrier"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment