About Me

My photo
My tremendously supportive husband & I have 3 wonderful children, 1 dog, 12 laying hens, 2 dairy goats, 3 bee hives, and a 2000 sq foot vegetable garden on a small 1/4 acre lot in the city. In the center of it all is our small 1,000 sq foot house purchased in 2008 as a foreclosure that we fully renovated to host our growing family, home school adventures, and small home business (CozyLeaf.com). We have a desire to learn a path to self sufficiency finding ways to be good stewards of the resources God has given us. We want to learn to live with less as we laydown roots to our little homestead.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Long time, no post

Hello again! It has been a while since I've posted anything, but it sure was a crazy week last week...ALOT of work to do, and I got sick :( I don't know what I came down with I haven't been sick in years and it really seemed to hit me hard! BUT the animals and garden sure don't care how good or bad I feel...they still need what they need! I did my best to use the minuscule amount of energy I had to do the things that were absolutely necessary...and of course Bryan helped ALOT!

I did finally go to the doctor because it just wasn't getting better and I was getting a little concerned...as I was sitting in the room waiting for the doctor I noticed a sign on the wall that said "Do Not Forget To Ask Your Doctor For a Work Release Note To Take With You"... I couldn't help but laugh and find amusement out of that. Who would I submit my note too and who would I ask the doctor to make the work release out too? Goat, Chickens, Garden, Children?? I did forget to ask my doctor for the work release but part of me wishes I would have asked for one just to see what he would have said! It was an interesting realization for me...my concerns are Far different than that of the average homeowner and my responsibilities are Far different than that of the average persons work day... I cant really "Call In Sick" to work!

Bryan did a lot of work on the garden as I basically sat there and watched him. The tomatoes are all caged and staked up and looking REALLY good! We even have quite a few tiny little tomatoes coming out of the buds!! The radishes are ending their production cycle...but we still have a little while left :) The potatoes seem to be starting their "wilting" process so eventually those will be ready to harvest as well! The arugula is flowering and I had NO IDEA the Arugula flowers tasted SO AMAZING!!! If you have any opportunity to taste arugula flowers, definately add those to a salad :)

I'll post some pictures soon of the garden progress!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment