About Me

My photo
My tremendously supportive husband & I have 3 wonderful children, 1 dog, 12 laying hens, 2 dairy goats, 3 bee hives, and a 2000 sq foot vegetable garden on a small 1/4 acre lot in the city. In the center of it all is our small 1,000 sq foot house purchased in 2008 as a foreclosure that we fully renovated to host our growing family, home school adventures, and small home business (CozyLeaf.com). We have a desire to learn a path to self sufficiency finding ways to be good stewards of the resources God has given us. We want to learn to live with less as we laydown roots to our little homestead.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2 Little Green Bean Farmers

Henry and Addie love heading into the garden with their little "harvest buckets" and going "exploring"!



They did a pretty good job :)

2 comments:

  1. Man. I can't believe your garden! Puts our little square foot containers to shame! I'm already psyched for next season. I guess my biggest trouble is what to plant when. I'd like to grow as much as possible. Any ideas where to find a good grow calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JD I was getting ready to do a post on that...you are just one step ahead :) Ive never done fall planting and Im getting ready to give it a try so I will get my post together soon for ya...best recommendation is to buy "The Vegetable Gardeners Bible" Seriously is my favorite gardening book...actually pretty much the only gardening book I reference anymore!! I think I have a tab for it off to the side from Amazon, but you can get it just about anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete