About Me

My photo
My tremendously supportive husband & I have 3 wonderful children, 1 dog, 12 laying hens, 2 dairy goats, 3 bee hives, and a 2000 sq foot vegetable garden on a small 1/4 acre lot in the city. In the center of it all is our small 1,000 sq foot house purchased in 2008 as a foreclosure that we fully renovated to host our growing family, home school adventures, and small home business (CozyLeaf.com). We have a desire to learn a path to self sufficiency finding ways to be good stewards of the resources God has given us. We want to learn to live with less as we laydown roots to our little homestead.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Curious little goat!


Peaches and Poppy are so curious! They love to stand up on our deck railing and look over the front fence at all the activities that happen out front. Our neighbours love looking over the fence and talking to them :)
When we first brought the girls home they would stand in the back yard and make noise to get attention...now they hardly make a peep! Bryan and i were even talking the other day and I said "I don't remember the last time I heard the goats make any noise at all!" They just observe everything...and of course eat as much as possible!
Some people say that goats are incredibly noisy creatures, but I guess we have been blessed with a silent couple! I also think they are very spoiled! They get plenty of attention from us...which also includes being sung to daily :) Seriously though I do sing to them, but I pretty much sing all the time and about everything, so its not to rare around here :)
I just love these goats and I'm so grateful to have them as pets! Its nothing like I expected...I never would have thought I could love a goat so much, but they are surprisingly precious animals :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

  1. I love the tales of your "homestead." Your adventures make for great reading. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that the new year has all measure of good things in store for you. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary! I hope you guys have a fantastic year ahead as well :)

    ReplyDelete